Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Saturday 22 January 2011

Never price a cake without researching it first!!

This is the finished Lightning McQueen cake.  Having only little girls at home now, I haven't actually watched the movie 'Cars'.  So when I was asked to make a Lightning McQueen cake I gave the lady a price and then went away to find pictures.  My first problem was finding pictures that showed all angles of the car.  In the end I resorted to borrowing a toy racing car from a friend in the playground.  The next issue was the amount of detail on the car, there comes a point where you just have to stop!  If I priced this cake again I would add another £15 to it and it would still be worth an awful lot more. Never mind, at least I was happy with the finished cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment