Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Sunday 23 January 2011

Don't Ever Be Scared Of A Challenge

When I first started out in business as a cake maker it was with a business partner, and it was kind of nice to have someone to bounce ideas off, even down to the most basic of things such as pricing a cake.  And then in December my business partner decided that she would like to go it alone.  At the time I was quite upset and daunted by the prospect of running a business by myself especially as I had no idea how to modify the website. 

I spoke with a lovely man called Alex Tovey who has always carried out any repairs to my PC and he suggested running a blog rather than a website because it was for easier to upload photos to and quite honestly it can be far more captivating.  To cut a long story short this blog that you are reading is the finished result and I have amazed myself by what I have managed to do!

I have spent the last couple of hours making a topper for an 18th birthday cake so that I can get ahead of the game as I have got another really busy week coming up, and I have to keep going back to look at it because I  am so pleased with it.  Lets hope the rest of the week goes as well.

Yesterday I handed over the Lightning McQueen cake and the lady never really enthused at all about it which was rather disappointing after the amount of work that went into it.  Never mind,  on the plus side I picked up 5 more orders yesterday, one as far ahead as August which is pretty exciting, and two of which are wedding cakes (not sure if either of them are for a princess though)!

I need to go now and cook a roast for the troops who sometimes feel that they are very neglected because of my cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment