Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Friday 30 September 2011

Kickboxing cake

My final cake for this week is for a gentleman who is celebrating his 40th birthday.  The cakes were actually purchased from M&S by my client, and they should feel  ashamed to produce cakes of such a poor standard.  Both cakes had parts of the inner packaging stuck in them and neither of them had straight edges, that is the point that the professional takes over!

I put the bottom cake onto an iced larger board to give the cake more presence and I sprayed and recovered the top tier.  I then built up the sides of the bottom tier so that it had clean straight edges. 

On top of the cake is a hand painted symbol which is Japanese for 40.  Japan is where kickboxing originated from in the 1960's.  Finally  a wonderful company named Wedding Cake Toppers Uk made me a perspex cake  topper in the shape of a pair of kickboxing gloves engraved with 40.  This is the final result:-



No comments:

Post a Comment