Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Friday 16 March 2012

Four tier birthday present cake!

This is my biggy for this week.  I was asked to make a cake that could feed 90 guests and also incorporate 4 different birthday celebrations and different genders.  The only possible solution was a stacked cake and presents seemed the obvious choice. 

The bottom tier is a vanilla sponge sandwiched with raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream.  The next is chocolate truffle sandwiched with chocolate ganache buttercream and covered in chocolate flavour fondant.  the third is lemon sponge soaked with a lemon syrup and sandwiched with a lemon curd buttercream.  And finally, the top tier is another vanilla sponge.

I tried to use several different techniques when adding detail to the covered cakes to add more interest.

The bottom tier is embossed with a filigree pattern.  The second tier has a royal icing stencilled pattern.  The third tier is covered in a hand made edible lace and the top tier is just covered in a beautiful peach glitter.

The most difficult part of the whole process was working out which size cake would fit transposed on the cake below and that's when I had to go back to school and try to remember my Pythagoras!

Thank goodness my maths was correct and this is the resulting cake:-




No comments:

Post a Comment