Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Thursday 16 February 2012

Monotone 3 tier 40th birthday cake

I can't wait to share this cake with you ! I have had to get the recipient, my lovely friend Pauline to promise not to look at my blog or tweets and also do drop me on Facebook.  It's not very often I get to have completely free artistic rein, and when I do I think it shows.  So this is for you Pauline, on your super extended 40th birthday.  Bring on the party on Saturday!





The cake involves using several different techniques.  On the bottom tier I have used a hand cut lace wrap for the first time.  The second tier has filigree black hearts that are dusted with a black and silver lustre, and finally the top tier is quilted and has hand painted flowers with an edible black diamond in the centre of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment