Contact Information

If you would like more information about any of the cakes on this site or would like to order a cake , then please either call me on 01454 615629 or 07585400976. Alternatively you can email me at scrummymummyscakes@hotmail.co.uk















Thursday 8 March 2012

Wedding Fair Preparations

I didn't have much get up and go in me Monday morning after such a busy week before, but I was very aware that I had absolutely nothing prepared for the forth coming wedding fair at Thornbury Golf Club on the 11th of this month.  My first task was to prepare the fruit for a fruit cake to cut up on the day.  I am extremely proud of my fruit cakes and I never cut corners in preparing them.  Fresh orange and lemon rind plus their juices and a good slosh of brandy mixed together with currants, raisins, sultanas, prunes, dates, apricots and cherries are all chopped and mixed together to allow their wonderful flavours to infuse.

The next job on the list was the first of two wedding cakes.  Ideally I would have liked to have made 4 or 5 different cakes, but I had several other commitments this week including my birthday and my daughter's fabulous relay race at Tockington Manor.

This is the first cake that I put together:-




No comments:

Post a Comment